Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. Seradge started his practice at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center as the Director of Hand Surgery at the university and the children hospitals and as the Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at the Veterans Administration Hospital. In 1980, Dr. Seradge established Orthopedic Institute, an independent private practice, and in 1996 formed the Oklahoma Foundation for Orthopedic Health which focuses on medical research, education and community service. Dr. Seradge has been choosen as a 2009 'Top Doctor and Top Surgeon in America' by the Concumer's Research Council of America, a not-for profit organization that provides unbiased evaluations and selections to their lists. He has been awarded this honor for the past several years.
In addition to practicing medicine, Dr. Seradge is constantly conducting research in order to find better treatments for orthopedic problems. Years of research led him to develop a series of exercises which have proven effective in the treatment and prevention of carpal tunnel syndrome. He has developed a surgical procedure for advanced carpal tunnel syndrome that produces better results with less recovery time. Dr. Seradge has also developed and patented an instrument for the procedure and has donated all proceeds to the Oklahoma Foundation for Orthopedic Health. His surgical and nonsurgical treatments have been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post and numerous scientific medical journals. Dr. Seradge is also a frequent local and international lecturer.
When he is not practicing medicine or engaging in education and research, Dr. Seradge enjoys spending time with his family and his three grandsons. He also enjoys cycling, gardening and painting.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery – Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Pain Management – Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- International Hand Society
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Physician Hospital Association
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Oklahoma County Medical Society
Education & Training
- Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship Klienert Institute / University of Louisville College of Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – University of South Florida School of Medicine
- General Surgery Residency – Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center
- Medical Degree – University of Tehran